Refractory blanket (mat) FIREMASTER 607 BLANKET ALU 40
FireMaster 607 TM ALU 40 Blanket is a flexible resilient product based on FireMaster 607 alkaline earth silicate blanket which incorporates an integral aluminium foil vapour barrier and is able to provide effective fire protection in standard, hydrocarbon and jet fire applications. FireMaster ALU 40 Blanket has all the excellent handling and fire peroformance features of standard FireMaster Blanket whilst offering the convenience of an integral vapour barrier. The aluminium foil is attached with mineral glue and therefore FireMaster ALU 40 Blanket is a non-combustible product. ALU 40 blanket can be based on either the standard or water repellent grades of FireMaster Blanket.
Refractory fibre blankets.
Health aspects summary:
FireMaster 607 was designed for enhanced solubility in lung tissues. Rats have been exposed 6 hours a day, 5 days a week during 2 years at an average concentration of 200 F/ml (about 200 to 300 times higher than the concentration found in production plants) without showing any significant increase in lung tumours or fibrosis.
• ‘A’ class and IMO HSC steel, aluminium and PVC composite bulkhead and deck insulation in high speed craft.
• Upgrading of fire performance of composite panels to meet IMO room corner test requirements.
• H class and A class steel bulkhead and deck fire protection for ships and offshore platforms.
• Hydrocarbon and Jet fire protection of process pipes.
• Hydrocarbon and Jet fire protection of vessels.
• Infill to fire doors and cladding panels.
• Construction joints.
• Cellulosic and hydrocarbon fire protection of structural steelwork.
• Ductwork fire protection.
• Cable tray fire protection.
• Colour : white with key production data printed on surface; layer of aluminium foil on other surface.
• Linear shrinkage (24 hrs at 1000°C) <1%
• Loss on ignition (5 hrs at 1000°C) <0.1%
• Foil characteristics : 40 micron thick aluminium with sodium silicate glue.
• Foil peeling force : 4N for water repellent blanket, 6N for non-water repellent blanket.
Fire protection properties:
• Non-combustibility: IMO A799 (19) using ISO 1182-1990 (E) method.
• Approved product number under EU Marine Equipment Directive: 0062.
• All other properties of FireMaster 607 Blanket will be as the ceramic fibre based FireMaster Blanket, which are detailed in the following sections.
Thermal insulation properties:
For insulation under ambient conditions the following maximum thermal resistance (R value) figures may be used for calculation of overall thermal transmittance (U value).
|Thickness of blanket mm||R value (M K/W)|