Price: on request
Fire Master 607TM Blanket is a non-combustible, flexible matt manufactured from alkaline earth silicate fibres suitable for use in both cellulosic, hydrocarbon and jet fire protection applications. The patented fibre formulation used gives enhanced solubility in the human body together with excellent thermal and acoustic properties. Fire Master 607 Blanket has the same appearance as Refractory Ceramic fibre and can be used in the same range of fibre p rotection applications with equivalent thermal insulation performance. No binders are used during manufacture thus there is no risk of smoke or toxic gas emission or loss of strength during a fire due to binder burn out. Fire Master 607 is easy to handle being flexible and resilient with good tensile strength. No special installation tools are needed and the blanket can be cut with a sharp knife. The blanket is supplied in rolls each marked with key production data, packed in a specially printed carton. A significant number of fire tests have already proven the performance of the FireMaster 607 Blanket for up to 4 hours in h y d rocarbon fires and one hour in jet fires. Fire protection is achieved with lower thickness and weight than with other Mineral Fibre compositions.
refractory fibre blankets.
Health aspects summary:
Fire Master 607 was designed for enhanced solubility in lung tissues. Rats have been exposed 6 hours a day, 5 days a week during 2 years at an average concentration of 200 F/ml (about 200 to 300 times higher than the concentration found in p roduction plants) without showing any significant increase in lung tumours or fibro sis.
• ‘A’ class and IMO HSC steel, aluminium and PVC composite bulkhead and deck insulation in high speed craft.
• Upgrading of fire performance of composite panels to meet IMO room corner test requirements.
• H class and A class steel bulkhead and deck fire pro tection for ships and off shore platforms.
• Hydrocarbon and Jet fire protection of process pipes.
• Hydrocarbon and Jet fire protection of vessels.
• Infill to fire doors and cladding panels.
• Construction joints.
• Cellulosic and hydrocarbon fire protection of structural steel work
• Ductwork fire protection.
• Cable tray fire protection
• Colour : white with key production data printed on surface.
• Linear shrinkage (24 hrs at 1000 0С) <1%.
• Loss on ignition (5 hrs at 1000 0С) <0.1%.
Fire protection properties:
• Non-combustibility: IMO A799 (19) using ISO 1182-1990 (E) method.
• Approved product number under EU Marine Equipment Directive: 0062.
• All other properties of FireMaster 607 Blanket will be as the ceramic fibre based FireMaster Blanket, which are detailed in the following sections.
Fire hazard properties per ASTM E-84 method:
• Flame spread: zero.
• Fuel contributed: zero.
• Smoke developed: zero.
• FireMaster 607 Blanket is inert and resistant to mould growth and attack by vermin.
Thermal insulation properties:
• For insulation under ambient conditions the following maximum thermal resistance (R value) figures may be used for calculation of overall thermal transmittance (U value).
Thickness of blanket, mm
R value (M K/W)
Basis: Thermal conductivity of 96kg/m3 density measured at 20 0С to BS 874 of 0.0342 W/MK.
Сlick at the picture to view full size