Refractory bonded fabrics PYRO-LOG
Price: on request
Heat-insulating bonded fabrics Pyro Log is the only 152mm thick, high purity, needled blanket available in standard uncompressed densities up to 240kg/m3. Vertically-fiberized Pyro-Log fibre is of exceptional uniformity of dimensions and of naturally low shot content. Refractory bonded fabrics Pyro-Log offers a unique solution to the problems encountered in designing linings for use in the toughest of furnace environments.
high density blanket slabs.
Maximum continuous use temperature:
Pyro-Log Standard (R Grade) : 1260 0С
Pyro-Log Zirconia (H Grade) : 1425 0С
The maximum continuous use temperature depends on the application. In case of doubt, refer to your local Morgan Thermal Ceramics distributor for advice.
• resistant to devitirification at high temperature;
• pyro-Log is available in standard uncompressed densities up to 240kg/m3;
• lubricant in the Log allows for extra compression during installation, ensuring good, tight joints;
• combination of high density and opacity of its fibres to infrared radiation maintains the low thermal conductivity of Pyro-Log to high temperature;
• pyro-Log has the unique characteristic that on firing it converts from a relatively soft, easily compressible slab to a tough, near monolithic structure with a board-like texture;
• the hard surface obtained after firing gives exceptionally high resistance to abrasion by flowing gases. This resistance can be enhanced by spraying the hot-face surface with Cerapreg or Kaowool hardener (up to 40- 45m/s) or by coating with Kaowool White Cement (up to 50-55m/s);
• the almost monolithic structure obtained after firing confers on Pyro-Log some load bearing capacity which can be utilised in lightly loaded hearths;
• pyro-Log is easily cut and shaped on site, or pre-shaped in the factory, to accommodate irregular sections or changes of profile, such as from oblong to round cross section in ducts;
• the unique log structure allows us to produce L-shaped corner modules which ensures join-free linings around corners, both inside and outside;
• thermal shock resistance;
• good acoustic insulation.
Pyro Log has a multitude of uses in heat containment applications in all industry groups, a selection of which are as follows:
• ceramic Industry (kiln car insulation - furnace floors);
• iron and Steel (walking beam furnace skid rail insulation);
• general (engineered shapes);
• pyro-Log is the precursor material for the Pyro-Bloc range of mechanically fixed modules.
Сlick at the picture to view full size