Price: on request
KaowoolTM 1260, Strong, 1400 and 1600 boards are produced from refractory fibre compositions specially developed to give rigid, selfsupporting boards with excellent high temperature properties. Board is designed for use in applications requiring higher rigidity than blanket forms, and, as a result of its higher density, has improved thermal insulation properties and abrasion resistance. Kaowool boards are obtained by vacuum forming process. The process allows the production of white boards in a wide dimensional choice, with an excellent homogeneity throughout the thickness which ease machining of the boards when needed. For a large need of standard ceramic fibre boards, please refer to our CERABOARD data sheet. Strong Board is produced by the addition of selected refractory fillers to the ceramic fibre in order to improve its mechanical properties. Strong Board has two times the strength of 1260 Board, both when measured fired and unfired. All Board formulations contain a small amount of organic binder to improve the cold handling strength and this burns out on first firing at approximately 200-300 0С. Heat treatment can be made to burn the organic binders onspecial request.
vacuum formed boards.
From 1260 0С up to 1600 0С, depending on grade. Please refer to the datasheets of Alphawool for utilisation above this temperature. The maximum continuous use temperature depends on the application.
Please contact Morgan Advanced Materials, Thermal Ceramics for advice.
• Rigid, self supporting boards.
• Low thermal conductivity.
• Good abrasion resistance.
• Low heat storage.
• Resistant to thermal shock.
• Not wetted by most molten non ferrous metals, including aluminium.
• Good resistance to spalling.
• Can be easily cut and shaped
• Iron and steel: expansion joints, back-up insulation, heat shields and mould base insulation.
• Non-ferrous: tundish and launder covers in the casting of copper and copper-based alloys.
• Ceramics: hot-face lining for kilns and in construction of LTM kiln cars.
• Glass: back-up insulation in melting furnaces and protection of burners.
• Furnace building: hot face lining material (alternative to blanket); back-up to solid refractories; expansion joints.
• Light industry: lining combustion chambers in industrial and domestic boilers.
• Petrochemical: high temperature heater lining hot-face material.
Sheet size: 1200 x 1000, 1000 x 1000, 1000 x 500mm.
Thickness: From 5 to 150 mm depending of the mix.
Other thicknesses and sheet sizes can be supplied to special order.
All boards are subject to our standard tolerances:
• th 6 to 10 mm +/-1 mm
• 15 +/- 1.5 mm
• above 20 +/- 2 mm
Kaowool Strong Board 1260
Kaowool Board 1400
Kaowool Board 1500
Properties Measured at Ambient Conditions(23 0С/50% RH)
Modules of rupture (Unfired)
Fired 15minutes 650 0С
Compressive strength (5% reduction in thickness)
High Temperature Performance
Loss on ignition
Thermal conductivity (ASTM C-201) at mean temperature of
However, special machining operations can be undertaken to improve these, if necessary.
Boards, can be further toughened by the application of a hardening solution.