Refractory bonded fabrics SUPERWOOL 607 HT PYRO-LOG
Pyro-Log is the only 152 mm thick needled mass of fibre available in standard uncompressed densities up to 240 kg/m3. Superwool 607 HT Pyro-Log offers a unique solution to the problems encountered in designing linings for use in the toughest of furnace environments.
High density needled monolithic slabs made from high temperature insulation wool.
1300 °C (ENV 1094-3)
The maximum continuous use temperature depends on the application. In case of doubt, refer to your local Thermal Ceramics distributor for advice.
• Pyro-Log is available in standard uncompressed densities up to 240 kg/m3. Lubricant in the Log allows for extra compression during installation, ensuring good, tight joints;
• combination of high density and opacity of its fibres to infra-red radiation maintains the low thermal conductivity of Pyro-Log to high temperature;
• Pyro-Log has the unique characteristic that on firing it converts from a relatively soft, easily compressible slab to a semi-rigid, near monolithic structure;
• the almost monolithic structure obtained after firing confers Pyro-Log some load bearing capacity which can be utilised in lightly loaded hearths;
• to accommodate irregular section Pyro-Log is easily cut and shaped on site, or pre-shaped in the factory;
• the unique Log structure allows us to produce L-shaped corner modules which ensures join-free linings around corners;
• thermal shock resistance;
• no reaction with alumina based bricks in application in the range of the typical use temperature;
• good acoustic insulation;
• exonerated from any carcinogenic classification under nota Q of directive 97/69 EC;
Сlick at the picture to view full size