Price: on request
Pyro-Stack fireproof modular blocks comprise strips of high quality spunfibre blanket, compressed and banded with plastic strips and including two stainless steel tubes mounted transversely through the strips remote from the hot face. They can be anchored to the furnace casing in any one of four standard versions, Y, M, T and Eye-bolt. In the Y module, the tubes are connected with a central, internal yoke which includes a stainless steel stud and Aluminium extension tube. This version is installed directly onto a metal plate casing, without pre-welding, using the special Pyro Bloc stud gun. It offers the fastest installation rates of any currently available modules. The M module also includes the central yoke, but is fitted onto pre-welded studs using the special M module studlocating
equipment. The T module is anchored with a pre-studded, external, side-fix yoke. M and T modules are used where the lining specification calls for either or both a backing blanket and anticorrosion treatment of the casing. The Eye-bolt version is used for fastening the modules to expanded or perforated metal casings and can also accommodate a backing blanket.
stacked blanket anchored modules.
Maximum continuous use temperature:
Kaowool S/Cerablanket Fibre - 1260 0С
Kaowool SZr/Cerachem Fibre - 1425 0С
Maftec Blanket: 1600 0С
The maximum continuous use temperature depends on theapplication. In case of doubt, refer to your local Morgan Thermal Ceramics distributor for advice. The wide range of available densities and thicknesses allow for the most effective deployment of the superior thermal characteristics in a wide variety of applications
• The Pyro-Stack module maintains the light weight, thermal efficiency and resistance to thermal shock which are characteristic of ceramic fibre linings;
• They share the flexibility of anchorage and ease of installation of the Pyro-Bloc modules;
• the decompression of the blanket gives tightly sealed inter-modular joints;
• The resilience of the blanket can accommodate some flexing of the furnace casing without opening gaps between modules;
• The resilient blanket is resistant to mechanical damage;
• Y Modules: fast installation; all welds automatically torque tested; one step installation;
• M and T Modules: allow use of backing insulation and casing treatment; module compression guaranteed; simple fixing components; use standard, commercially available welding equipment;
• Eye-bolt Modules: permits fixing of module to expanded or perforated metal casings.
pyro-Stack modules are recommended where the applications requires the resilience of a blanket module but where the hot face has to withstand erosion by high gas-flow rates, or where it is to be given a surface coating. Pyro-Stacks are also the module of choice as the substrate in the stack-on-stack configuration with hightemperature veneer modules
Fixing components and installation:
The standard tubes and yokes for all Pyro-Stack modules are ASTM 316 stainless steel, but higher grades of steel(ASTM 310 or Inconel 601) are available for more arduous service conditions. Studs are ASTM 304 stainless steel or of such higher grade which are warranted by the service conditions. Full details of the installation of all Morgan Thermal Ceramics modules are included in our Module Installation Manual.
Availability and packaging:
pyro-Stack modules are normally supplied as 305mm square and of thicknesses ranging from 100mm to 350mm, in 25mm increments. Other sizes, shapes and densities, including L-shaped modules can be made available on request. Pyro-Stack modules are delivered packed either in cartons 315mm square x 930mm long or on palleted jumbo cartons, 1250mm x 1110mm x 1100mm high (including pallet).
Сlick at the picture to view full size